View Single Post
      11-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #76
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
I'm not angry or upset Paul and I don't own a 1M nor am I emotionally invested in what anyone thinks of them.

I'm just saying you're never going to pay Advan Performance $2,500 for an aftermarket cooling solution and I'm wondering why you would still ask detailed questions about that product.

It's a logical question with no emotional content attached!

MORNING KENNY

Always happy to discuss the inner workings of my 'justification meter' on purchases.

As I have stated previously, I am plannign on attending a track day at wakefield on the 14/12 (come along, I've never been before should be a hoot ) and I am concerned that in traffic I am seeing temps in the middle of the gauge and I am concerned a consistantly high (well high IMHO) of 120 Deg cannot be good for longevity or performance. So my question is what will the temps get to on the track??? I look at the 1M (remember same N54 engine) with twin front mounted oil coolers as an indication of whats needed.

Now that being said, what is required to bring the temps down to a reasonable level? Oil Cooler AND/OR Radiator, will an OIL cooler AND Meth do a similar job?

I guess in short Kenny the reason I am here is to learn, sorry if that bothers you dude lighten up and have a nice day.

IMO one of the best ways to learn would be to ask those who have done this before.

Pete and JD seem to have put some thought and effort into this kit and are proposing a 'package'. I can assure you that they have not done this solely for my benefit or edification. I am also assure you that Pete would like to make a buck at some point and if the members on the forum can better understand his solution and its benefits, then it is in his commercial interest to do so. So if JD/Pete are willing to answer a few questions why have you got your nose out of joint
Appreciate 0