11-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz View Post
Typical of BMW these days. Have a look at at the finish on an E46 to show where they have skimped. If they keep going down this road they'll end up where Mercedes was in the late 90s early 2000s when they ( Merc' ) slipped in the J D Power surveys from their perennial top spot to be replaced by Lexus. Almost unbelievably Jaguar, of all car makers, has topped the list this year having bumped Lexus. Beautiful interiors in the latest Jags.

New F type looks very nice. Coming in a coupe as well.
+1. However, I put this down to the quality of finish in the Leipzig plant as the E90/92 still finishes very well - may be not to the E46 standard but definitely better than the 1er. The x3 finish is worst however with bubbles, sloppy finish on the "internal" paint, and seats not as tight and nice as the German counter parts. I test drove the 5er a few times and the quality of the finish is substantially better than the Xs and the 1ers. I really think it is factory and specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Take it up with BMWNA, I would be careful about what your local dealership might try to do to fix it.
-1. I don't think BMWNA will do a thing for us. AG might.
Appreciate 0