11-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #4294
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAV13 View Post
How is the car after the update? Bringing my car in tomorrow for an oil change and was going to ask about it. I'm not sure I want to have it done though if the shifts won't be as aggressive and I'll lose the burbles. It'll be something to consider.
So this was my 2nd appointment because first time around they had trouble replicating and didn’t bother to look at possibly updating software till end of day (and I didn’t’ have loaner scheduled). So this time I have a loaner and I’m anticipating leaving my car overnight for DME update.

I get a call the following morning saying they still could not replicate the issue AND they checked my ECU but turns out I already have the latest software. Why they didn’t bother checking this a month ago – I have no clue. But I guess this is consistent with what I’ve said before. My car was a late build and I always felt my DCT was considerably better than the one I had tested out at the dealer. There were at times I felt it was slightly noticeable but it was never bad. And based on others’ feedback here, it seems the software addressed 90% of the lag so this all seems consistent. I just wish I didn’t have to bother leaving my car there for no reason.

So all you recent ‘flashers’ now have what I’ve had all along lol. Again, my lag is limited to when a/c is on, and when I’m rolling to a stop. And instead of coming to full complete stop I get back on gas and there’s slight hint of lag. Keeping it in manual mode mostly eliminates this.