View Single Post
      02-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #42
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Well, I just got off the phone with Jeff and things are looking great. I've actually never personally seen Ohlins THIS happy to work on a car before. They're really excited about it. I don't have a ton of information that I can share just yet...but it looks like the M3 kit is a winner. Now there IS some machining that will occur for the lower strut mounts, but this is where I can't go into too much detail yet. So far, it looks like they have a really good solution in place, which is GREAT for us because that will keep the cost of a 1M bolt on kit down...way down (in Ohlin terms). These kits will be available in either 2 or 3-way adjustable models. Don't be worried if you can only get the 2-ways at first, because Ohlins is saying that you can always upgrade later to a 3-way if that's what you want to do later. That's really good news for people who want to keep costs down, and get into an Ohlins setup. I am personally going with a 3-way, and I'm going to use Ground Control camber and caster plates with the Ohlins setup. I will have pictures for you guys in a couple of weeks. Let me know your thoughts and interests. Ohlins is pretty excited to be doing this project and wants to get your feedback. That's all for now! I'll be back soon to update you all again.

I should have more info in the next couple of weeks....hang tight if you can. I know you're all pretty interested in seeing what develops here, and Ohlins is aware that we're getting close to racing season (esp since the weather down in the south has been so warm lately...it feels like spring already).

Last edited by v1k0d3n; 02-23-2012 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: updating for timeframe...
Appreciate 0