View Single Post
      07-27-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
While collectors might desire bone stock cars, most (if not all) buyers for these cars are not serious collectors. While I would never expect my mods to command any sort of premium, I would tell any potential buyer trying to make all sorts of "deductions" to my asking price to pound sand.

My car is not on the market, but I guess if it was and I had to sell quickly, I'd be at the mercy of the buyers interested at that particular moment, and certainly not in any kind of position of power. But ideally if I were to sell, I wouldn't be in any rush to do so. I have a low mileage, slick top 128i with xenons and a 6MT - not an undesirable combination. I think it's been pretty tastefully modded, but I do understand that my tastes are not universal, and that some give and take is part and parcel of any negotiation. That said, the last thing I would put up with is a buyer nitpicking every little thing and expecting a corresponding price break. At some point I'd them, "maybe this isn't the car for you."