champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
At some point I'd them, "maybe this isn't the car for you."
When I said that mods deserved a deduction in the price, I was mostly talking about mods that either require upkeep to maintain (or risk deterioration to the vehicle as a whole as regards function, i.e. ability to roll) or to mods that are rather ugly, like some of the wide body and carbon fiber shit everywhere that one sees . . . .

When one is a seller it always pays to have what one writer (Michael Kinsley) once referred to as, "fuckyouability," i.e. to say the obvious to someone you don't care to deal with. In my real life I own some commercial real estate and have to deal with potential buyers and renters I'd rather not deal with, so fuckyouability is certainly something I cherish and appreciate.

What I was writing about mostly was people who have BMWs for sale who just don't seem to want to sell them at a price that others will willingly pay. If you have a potentially desirable used/vintage car for sale, you get offers, but you just can't make a deal and persist, for many weeks and/or months at trying to get the last dollar out of your vehicle, I think you likely risk losing whatever opportunities you had initially to sell the car. One thing that happens is that sellers get lazier and lazier and just repost the same ads over and over again, with few changes. The result is that those most likely to buy, those who keep their eyes on the listings, stop looking at your listing, they just think, "saw that 12 times already, no point in clicking on the ad again, how boring."
Appreciate 0