View Single Post
      07-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #11
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i, 13' 911 C2S, 10' X5D

I have only had my car about a year and a half but I feel as I start to get out from upside down into the positive equity on price I post my car to see what the market has to say.

Currently I have my car up for sale on this forum for near kbb market value which happens to be about what is owed. In this situation I am in no hurry to sell and know that only the right buyer will be interested in paying market value for all options and a white/red color combo and DCT. That being the case If I plan to pick up another car in the future (1 year from now) I will have the car posted and drop the price as mileage rises. In 1 year the car will be around dealer trade in value and proceed to do a trade in if it does not sell and wanted to pick up an M2 or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
135i cars with lots of miles (for their age) tend also to be very overpriced, in my view, and as pointed out earlier in this thread. People regularly try to get in the high 20 and mid-30 thousands for these cars with several years of age and 50K + miles, when similarly equipped cars with less age and miles are asking the same sorts of prices. Makes no sense and explains to a large extent why these cars sit and sit and sit. When the sellers reduce the prices (usually by a small amount) and then flag their listings as "Price Reduced !!!) it looks even more ridiculous when the new asking price is still several thousand (or more dollars) over the real value of the car, when actual sales are taken into consideration.
This might describe me and in the end it looks like trade in is in the future without the right buyer.

Last edited by DJKapeesh; 07-29-2015 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0