View Single Post
      07-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #18
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

I understand that in US the rear sizes are not available yet but in Europe they are.

In my case, my car is arriving in September and it will be delivered to me in another country (Chile) where I will be living and working for some time. My concern is, in that market there is not much alternative for PS2s plus the pricing is abusive. So, I thought if I could ship new PSS set with my furnitures and other goods there won't be any cost for me since the shipment is a fixed cost and there is more than enough place available. I could even sell the original PS2 set there without using them and take all my money back that I will be paying for PSS or even make some small profit due to price differences. Or I can just keep PS2 set for track use etc.

So, there is no cost for me to talk about. However, I found out that the rears are "available but must be ordered from France which takes more than 1 month"! which sucks big time cause I can't wait that long. So, I thought about upgrading the rears with an available size: 275/30 19s, the guys at the tire shops say this makes more sense than 265/35s and there won't be any real change to the set up to worry about. Slightly more rubber width could do even better. Any thoughts about this change? I need to decide quick on this.

Moreover, now I started reading equally or even better reviews about the new Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's. Again not yet available in US I guess Maybe members from UK could help me; anyone tried these ones or heard anything?

The new M5 is coming with PSS so does all the other future M cars, that's my understanding. And the only real reason 1M stays with PS2 and in these dimensions is because they have them ready in their stock which they want to get rid of. I am not saying it is a bad tire, I am saying that it is already outdated with newer products and after all I read I feel like 1M really needs and deserves the best tire, especially to tackle with the wet traction and comfort issues.

Sorry for the long post, I know that there are some very experienced guys among us and I would appreciate very much to hear from them on what I am planning to do.
Appreciate 0