10-13-2011, 04:53 AM   #20
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by eogintz View Post

...They replaced battery (branded BMW manufactured by Exide) and gave me the following suggestions;
1) use car more
2) unplug Ipod after use for the day
3) keep car remote and bluetooth phone at least 50 feet from car when parked in garage overnight.
4)I have comfort access and they recommended locking car at night which I never do. They said that this shuts down additional power draws.
5) new battery is warranteed for two years but recommended to purchase BMW advanced charger and use this once a week or even more when weather gets very cold. Parts guy said that I need charger with alligator clips instead of cigarette lighter adapter since in my 08 128i lighter will shut down after car shut off. Oh, they also said that BMW will replace battery for free more often if needed if you buy charger and keep receipt. My SA said that this will provide BMW with further proof that you have followed their instructions should you have future problems.

Ed

When you do (#3, & #4) this allows the car to "go to sleep". This will shut off most of the engergy drains on the car's battery. #2 is always a good idea... beacause that also drains the car's battery overnight.
Appreciate 0