View Single Post
      06-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #19
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Actually, funny story about the sweeper comment above. I only noticed this because there's a road I take that has 2 hairpins coming down a hill. It's actually very close to where the F1 track would've been in NJ (along the NYC skyline). The road starts at the top of the ridge and winds down to the main road by the Hudson river. I take this road everyday so I know where the braking points and apexes are.

There was a C250 coupe behind me, riding my tail hard. I figured WTH so I decided to take this windy road down to see if he'd chase, sure enough he did. First corner I took sorta slow but took the 2nd corner (first hairpin with speed). Brake deep and take the late apex, maintain throttle and track out nicely which leaves me parallel with double yellow. This guy turns in too early, tracks out OVER the double yellow and had to swerve to avoid on-coming cars LMAO. From there it's a nice downhill straight with a 2nd hairpin.

I get on the gas going down the straight, he chases hard to close the gap. He seems my tails light up as a I brake late and take the late apex again. He has no idea what he's doing so he just brakes to a full stop and then takes the turn in tiny increments, like 3 turns in 1 lol. After that it leads on to the main straight but he decides to take some random right turn and avoid me at the bottom of the hill.

But on both hairpins, car maintained excellent balance with minimal steering correction on my part.