Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

[QUOTE=Zuzu;12399319]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Probably will drive Joe, would be pretty cool if a bunch of 1M's rocked up at the dealer, they wouldn't know what hit them hahahah]

Keep us informed mate.. Its only a short drive up to NC..
Will do Joe, would be fun to meet in convoy to go up as well as the run back through Syd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC99G View Post
John, congrats on the new car. If you need a lift from the airport to the dealer let me know, I may be able to pick you up. I might be in Perth around this time but if I am in Newcastle I can definitely meet you and take you to the dealer.
By the way, are you keeping the Porsche?
Gerry
Thanks for the offer Gerry, going by the interest in a MINI GTG in NC we may drive Mrs Alpine's car up to meet the new family member.

The Porsche is on the market mate, can't have everything I am afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz View Post
Well well two two 1Ms 1Ms. Guess you rate them then? In the end was the Cayman too impractical?

Re the springs - check out the Eibachs, I've just fitted them to mine and they're not bad.
Drops the rear 10 mm and the front 25mm. doesn't seem much but it has smartened up turn in, which I feel is a little sluggish as standard, and the ride, though firmer, is less harsh and skittish. Also, with the relatively moderate drop I'm not scraping too much. I did a little research before buying and the consensus was that the Eibachs have a ( slightly ) better ride than the K & Rs with an equivalent level of quality and performance

Just a thought.
Hi Gazz, yes and no, the CR is NOT the car to be a daily driver nor is it a car that you can visit clients in, as well if you drive it you want to do so for fun, not as a a DD.

Thanks re the springs, will investigate, think I just want that little drop that Joe has without much, if any, change in ride comfort.
Appreciate 0