View Single Post
      10-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #95
diego1690
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Hey people! I need some feedback from you since i saw the thread you commented about tires, pressure, michelin pss etc. I need to buy new tires ASAP this week. My front are done and I just finished them today attending my first autocross event. i plan to keep going every month from now on. Before I read these threads about autocross good tires, I had my mind up completely sure that I was going to buy the michelin pss (225/255) based on reviews of people of perf of these tires on the street (quiet,grip,etc) However now im doubting cause I read they dont handle that well for autocross (dont perform the best when pushed to limit, degrade fast when pushed,etc). Now I am going to continue doing autocross about 1 a month and I want good results, without degrading my tires a lot ( for saving money and dont having to spend so continously on tires). So based on what Ive read if I go for the pss, when i do autocross they are not gonna be the best in perf and gonna wear out fast. So what tire do you recommend me that is great for autocross performance, grip, durability, but that also handles well for daily driving on the street? Between the Dunlop's direzza sport z1 star spec, direzza z11or hankooks rs3's which wud be the ideal? all are bout the same price?

last but not least, what size do you recommend for handling well both on autocross and daily driving? Based on popularity I had in mind the 225/255 when i planned to buy the pss. Thanks!
Appreciate 0