Thread: Coil over help!
View Single Post
      05-31-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
My wheels are very similar. I'm lowered 20mm and my rears were rolled. I have everything working with pretty much no rubbing (occasionally the front either rubs or bottoms or something, it's rare so I haven't tried to figure it out yet).

Rolling, bending, etc will gain you 5mm or so. Trimming will gain more like 10mm.

Installing coilovers will definitely require an alignment after so you may as well install your front control arms at the same time. You can definitely to some degree specify some of the settings that you want during the alignment. Coilover install probably runs anywhere from $350 to $650, plus another few hundred if you also do a corner balancing.

A stiffer rear sway may give you some traction issues while cornering. I'd stay away from it unless you are also planning an LSD. I've considered a front sway but just coils and the front control arms has my suspension working good enough for me.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0