View Single Post
      06-29-2011, 03:10 AM   #16
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

I've sat and looked at my 1M for a while on and off. I really like the looks. It has, what I missed on my M3. I like the "on steroids" look, that some detest. My M3 was too clean, too understated. With the exception of the CF roof. And that is the only feature I really miss. Not only because of the looks, but because it just kept the car cooler, when you left the car in the blazing sun all day.

I honestly don't like the design evolution the M3 has taken. The M330 had things added to the stock 3series body to make it a race car. NOT to give it race car looks, but to actually be able to race those components. With the M336 that disappeared completely, with the exception of the last Evos and the GTR, but when can one actually see one of those? With the M346 it was fairly clear, that it was an M, with the CSL it was obvious, even to a moron. And then came the M39x. The looks didn't get me hooked, the engine did.

When I saw the first pictures of the 1M though, it had me. That design (and the tech data sheet) was what made me write my order mail to my dealer at 2:00h in the morning. On the very day, the very first official pictures were released. Yes, it was the looks. And that look is not just looks, either. No chance to fit the axles on the car otherwise.

To me the 1M is a clear relative of the M346. There are angles of the car, where you think you're looking at an M346 and I loved that look. But then again, it has its own "face" and body. It's not just a copy of something.

I don't know... I could go on all day, but I couldn't say why exactly I like what I see every morning. I just do. And that's the main thing!