09-08-2016, 12:12 AM   #5732
Turderboozle
Things that make you go boom
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 135is Coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worra View Post
Welcome! I just saw that car sitting on the lot at Mtn View a couple weeks ago. They had it priced at 32,900. Mind sharing what you ended up paying? Trying to figure out where the market is at around here, I've got my lease end coming up.

Congrats on a very rare color!
Hey Worra, yep, that's the one!

I ended up getting it for $30k even out the door and they gave me 8k on trade for my '06 IS350 that had the fubar airbags and water pump and a jillion miles. I felt that considering the mileage and that it only had one owner and is in excellent condition in a great color combo that it was a pretty fair deal

I could have got a decent amount more for the IS350 had I sold it myself, but it still had a Texas title and I didn't really want to sell the car to someone knowing that the airbags were potentially F'd. The car spent all except the last 3 years of its life in Texas, which is even worse for the airbags than here. We tried to get them replaced at lexus as part of the recall but they don't have any airbags for it in stock and they don't know when or if they will be in stock and they can't promise any kind of date on replacing them. We also got a really nice letter from them saying to avoid carrying passengers in the front seat until the airbag is swapped out. Uhhhhh yeah, that's not gonna work...

I looked around quite a bit, there are very few 135is available for sale at the moment, and the next closest one was down in LA. Also, while the DCT is nice my wife absolutely refuses to get a BMW that's not stick. I don't blame her, it's awesome!