flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Please before you make another post, hit up google. Oh wow.. You have absolutely no idea - yes they used mg cos its lighter, but they used it AND alu because alu is stronger for the stuff that needs more strength, where tey can't use any OTHER materials as when te block gets hot, both mg and alu have same thermal expansion properties, they work well together

Diamond shaped as in they taper into the middle

The big point here is all the internals (cylinder walls, everything) are made of aluminium.. The mg just WRAPS around it all

On the aubject of o2 sims, they don't wearout, theyre a metal tube

Not forged, billet cnc'd

You'll see whether or not the n52 can take decent power soon enough. There is absolutely NO solid proof of anyone trying and failing yet

And i can't find anything on it being a 100% green engine.. Yeah they have all their 'green' tech in it, but it was designed for total performance. Fuel efficieny via light weight and response, valvetronic is both for power and efficiency for example.

Highway it uses 7/100 sure, (litres) but cane it on the track and it's more like 35/100 lol
If the "sims" are metal pipes, they're not actually sims at all-- they're extenders.

They're pretty commonly used on older cars, but I haven't seen anyone have any success with extenders on the e9X or e6X. Maybe the 1 has a less advanced ecu? Has anyone successfully used them yet?
Ah really? Everything i can find still calls them sims. No reason they ahouldn't work, you'd jut have to calculate how far to space it out so it gets a similar reading to stock
Appreciate 0