View Single Post
      03-23-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
valhalla
Rep
Drives:

Sell 2000 M5 and get a 135i?

I have a nice Anthracite Black/Grey 2000 M5 that I have had now for 6 years and is right at 60k miles. I really really love the car as it has the big car features, 4 doors, beautiful large interior but then it magically shrinks and almost feels the size of my 95 M3 when you get up to speed on a nice twisty road. It has a lot going for it, but the 1 has me itching for a new car and I would have to sell it to make room in the garage for a 1. I test drove dealer standard black/red auto 135 friday evening and was more impressed with the power than I thought I would be. In fact at this altitude I think it probably comes very close on hp/lb and sounds like it would be easy to make that more definitive (chip). Has very nice handling (surprised me on how close the suspensions feel on such different cars) but could use wider front tires or as some have said and/or a larger rear sway bar as you could feel a bit of push on some tight dusty corners. I think there is enough room inside and the interior is very well put together. It is also and a more modern design, has a warranty etc... I guess I am looking for peer pressure to push me... although I think my mind is made up. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0