chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post
Another thought.... bad batch of fuel?
We both exclusively use 98 RON petrol, and janus even sticks to the same brand. It's possible there was some bad fuel, but I'd guess that the effect would be statistically insignificant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
I know taka has a 35i, but he found that the best launches was with DSC off and DTC on. May be give that a try? I also found that even though the light is not flashing, the engine do bogged down a when both are on.

How were you shifting your Auto? Manually or auto switch? Did you remember it launches in 2nd and you'll have to physically move it to M1?
The next chance I get I'll try it with DSC off and DTC on. I always drive my auto in full manual, and yes I remembered to shift down to first gear and turn the aircon off etc

I also tried upshifting at 6k rpm (based on the fact that power drops off quite rapidly approaching the 7k rpm redline) but the curves show it's better to let it upshift itself at redline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Try putting stock intake back. The Injen could be sucking in all that hot air which for an NA will affect more than the 135i
The problem with this is that the engine will take a long time to re-adjust itself to the stock intake. Given how much of an effect the environmental factors have on both the cars and the measuring equipment, it makes it difficult to compare times before/after intake.
Appreciate 0