View Single Post
      07-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #83
BahamaBart
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Quad diffuser was priced the same as the regular diffuser. But thus the regular diffuser out sold it by such a huge amount that it wasn't even worth producing the quad any more. So iCarbon realized the return on investment wasn't worth it and they discontinued the quad.

You have to realize that maybe less than 5% of the people who decide to go aftermarket exhaust go quad exhaust, thus they are the only people on the market for a quad diffuser. It won't be worth it for Scopione to make a quad diffuser and sell 5 of them total.

I am positive the front lip will have a great introductory price since the diffuser that 15+ people ordered are getting it for 350$ + shipping instead of the 800$ iCarbon priced theirs at. But once the introductory offer is over that diffuser goes back to around the normal price of 550ish. Same thing will most likely happen with the lip.
Totally agree on the Quad diffuser points. The fact that a quad exhaust doesn't work design wise, limits interest hence it limits quad diffuser sales.

On the splitter, while I would rather see them design their own splitter over copying the work of others. Having said that, if I were to copy a splitter I would copy Kerscher. It's simple splitter design (less sculptured) keeps the mold simple, making quality consistency easier. It also looks good on all color cars. True bolt-on if that means anything.
Exterior Bling| Kerscher splitter |
Interior Bling | Bimmian pedals | 3P Cars gauage |
Appreciate 0