Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
These are the Afe ones i've had for over a year now. No bolts/screws and the hold perfectly still, even at 130+MPH runs on the Autobahn. Biggest difference I can see from yours to mine is that yours look like they aim straight to the grill while the Afe ones sort of angle out and are a bit lower. Defietly gonna do a search for the RPI's and check them out.

Oh and don't worry about a "dirty" car......I have to scrub the over 85 insect species adorning my front end right now.
Hah, yea i dont feel so bad bout my front end now
You can see what I mean bout the aFe's bein so big, they hang over the flow to the radiator alot more
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
I did a dyno run with 70mph fans with the RPi scoops... NO difference in power or anything significant that lowers temps under the hood.

Sure they look "neat" but you might as well and go buy one of those Turbo Tornados they sold back in the day.
I see what you're saying, but the idea behind these isnt for lowering temps or hp. I really dont know why any of the companies making them try and push that because its not the case. The only reason for them is to push more air up into the snorkel directly which happens alot more at higher speeds obviously. You can obviously see without anything in there, the air basically just hits the flat end of the radiator and some air goes up into the snorkel, but prob buffeting and not very smooth flow. The scoops close that entryway from behind the grills to the snorkel and just allows direct air up into them, which just allows more airflow to the filters directly, best for DCI's cuz the more airflow to them the better. A scoop will not lower temps, it wont somehow magically lower the temp of the air flowing to the intake. Once again, its a minor part that simply allows the intake to perform more efficiently, this does not create hp, just allows more airflow to the filters when it needs it. And like i said before, good thing bout the rpi's is because they dont jag wayy down like the aFe's, they dont catch a shitload of bugs, dont block half the airflow from the grills to the radiator, and honestly if i was in a heavy storm going at some speed I may worry a bit bout water shooting up those aFe scoops and hitting the intake. For a scoop with this car you just dont need that much in my opinion, only so much air can flow up and thru the snorkel at a time anyhow.
Appreciate 0