View Single Post
      09-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #72
TX78666
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 330i ZHP, N55 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
It is plenty obvious that what BMW advertised can't be the bit I'm referring to.
Perhaps you are the one in need of reading comprehension.

This:
"If it ends up with more, I am curious if $50 wouldn't get the tech to give me the AT flash, assuming it is possible."
and this:
"Is it possible they sandbagging the MT crowd to get the AT crowd more interested in the tune? If you have any success getting the AT tune for your car worked out please let me/us know."
Implies that BMW is holding back something on purpose.

We can speculate, that's healthy...
My speculation: there's only one software version (only one product number supports that theory).
That same product makes the engine produce more power if it's attached to an auto transmission, because of the "slush" nature of the hydraulic coupling versus the "hard" nature of the clutch coupling.
How's that?
Still don't see the conspiracy theory. There are any number of ways that the same flash could behave differently, on different cars (assuming it is the same flash). To wonder whether the guy doing the flash has any control over it, and whether greasing his palm might get a different result, is no conspiracy theory. It's how I get special treatment in all kinds of scenarios. I know, you probably thought it was just because I am so pretty.