Groundzero
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Today was the big day!

Only a few pics for now, I was too busy driving it to take more.

It was really funny at the dealership because every salesman on the floor commented on how much they like the Alpine White trim.

Sadly, the dealership ruined the experience. Here are some of the things they did:

1) The car was supposed to come with both sets of mats, cloth and rubber. I worked it into the lease deal with the internet manage who took the order. Not only did no one there today know it was supposed to come with the rubber mats, they didn't even have them in stock!

2) The front plate. CT requires a front plate, but I sent an email on 7/21 requesting the front plate bracket not be installed because of the drilling required. I even have a response from the internet manager saying he will take the bracket out of the car when it arrives so the new car prep guys don't install it. Well I show up and what do you know, it has the front bracket installed!

3) This is the most unbelievable one yet. I qualified for a $1000 loyalty program because my parents owns a 2006 3 series. However for some unknown reason BMW NA has no record of the car. The car was bought and serviced at the same dealership so they have records, but BMW NA doesn't. I don't even know how this is possible. The only way to fix it was to have my mom drive down so they can make a copy of the registration, proving to BMW NA we still own the car.

In the end I got $5/month off the lease, the lost/broken key replacement program free, the mats ordered, and they agreed to have the body shop fill/fix/repaint the plate holder holes in the front bumper. Acceptable compensation? Yes. Am I happy? Not. At. All.

I actually felt bad for the gentlemen at the dealership because they were stuck in the middle of the whole situation. Two out of the three problems happened because the internet manager who I've been dealing with the whole time is on vacation.
Appreciate 0