11-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #179
Japi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 325da F30 and 116da F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
@japi: I had a near death experience with european rubber so not going that way again. An Alpina B3 3.3 with european rubber. Europe Road 4 outside Stockholm (very well maintained highway) and quick weather switch. From good to raining and then freezing. Driving very carefully (20 years+ of snow/ice driving) and the car just spinned around in 100 km/h. Glad to be alive. If I have spikes or Nordic rubber that would not have happened. Almost all central European friction/all year rubber is terrible on ice and snow. Some actually really dangerous (usually Korean brand winter tires). Best in tests over here are Nokian Hakka 7 and Continental ContactIce for spiked winter tires. Then Micheline X-ICE, Nokian Hakka R, Goodyear ultra grip Ice, Continental Contivikin Contact 5 where the best without spikes. The central european/friction/all year type rubber was all very bad in the test. The ones that actually got a "avoid/dangerous" were (from worst first): Toyo Snowprox S953 (terrible got a skull instead of "-"), Vredstein Snowtrac 3, Savo Eskimo HP, Dunlop SP Winter Sport. All of the last ones got a "-" and the best was +++++. This is for regions where you do get both snow and ice. The last 5 was the worst of the friction tires so there are ok ones if you never get snow and ice.
Hybris4u: I understand u very well but Nokian hakkapeliitta 7 or R no have sizes for original wheels. Thats why I try how the tires works under my car. Low air pressure helps of course, little bit. Last winter I had M3 with Nokian WR, which is European modell and I didnt have problem with these tires. Ok, they had 235/35-19 rear and front so the traction was better. I have other car which I can drive when its bad weather

I ordered my tires last week and got it next week, then we need to waiting for snow, maybe the winter coming on same time to Sweden
Appreciate 0