View Single Post
      11-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #194
DarthColin
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

They are replica (knock off) M6 wheels, painted black. They look very similar to the F10 M5 wheels, ie, sort of a tuning fork shape spoke. I bought them from A-Spec Wheels and Tires via eBay.

You are correct, I cannot comment on hill climb ability. However, I can't see it being a problem unless you add full on blizzard conditions with a steep incline.

By fishy taily, I mean you can get the rear to step out fairly easily around all the intersections. But, I have discovered that you really need to give it a "drink" to get a significant slide started. I tried a 1/2 donut on a wide empty street. I was a little wimpy with the gas, and it started to under steer. My point is that the tires grip surprisingly well.

So far, I much prefer the MDM on the snow. It seems to let the tires spin a fair bit while setting off, but quickly and smoothly corrects any mistakes. However, you will only get about 10-15 degrees of yaw (?) with MDM on.

DSC need to be off for real fun. I'm just not ready to explain to my wife that I hit the tulips because I had the traction control off.

Colin