11-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #58
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
JD/Skycat

Chaps I am assuning the oil cooler is on the back burner then?
Hey Paul,

nothing could be further from the truth.

The PWR rad is essentially the second component in the complete 135i/335i Performance cooling solution, that Advan Performance is currently developing.

I posted the above pics because the radiator is something that we can currently produce, as I have that exact rad in my 1'er.

The oil cooler is a work in progress.

Pete is sourcing the various components with regards the oil cooler as we speak.

This is what I can confirm thus far.

The oil cooler will be a Setrab core or possibly an Earl's core.

The oil lines and fittings will be sourced from Earl's Performance Products.

The thermostat will be an Earl's too, providing they can supply a thermostat that begins to open around the 82 degrees Celsius mark.

Otherwise we will run with the same thermostat that was supplied with my Stett kit.

The OE thermostat housing bypass/blanking plate will be fabed up by Pete himself, as will the various mounting brackets associated with the oil cooler.

Pete is also working on an upgraded trans cooler for all you Auto guys.

However first things first,

the complete cooling solution will be offered by Advan Performance, inclusive of fitment and all associated hardware for $2,495.00

It will comprise the complete oil cooler kit as outlined above, with exact component details forthcoming.

Obviously the PWR radiator pictured will be utilised.

Pete will also include your choice of either Redline "Waterwetter" or Motul "MoCOOL", to further aid in the heat exchange properties of the upgraded rad.

I hope to be able to post up pics of the various oil cooler components soon.

Stay tuned gents, more to follow shortly.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by JD75; 11-22-2011 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0