02-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #21
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
It doesn't work well. It suffers heatsoak.... Just log the intake temps before and after switching FMICs to find out.

Most, like ETS, Forge, don't require cutting ang fully reversible back to stock
Ian, despite the fact that I find nachob's post not only amusing (really so) but also quite right for people whose cars are with factory tune, do not track (or very rarely do) and live in relatively mild or simply cooler climates; I tend to go with what you say here but I have a few questions:

I would like to know if ETS that you have in your car and which is 100 % reversable and real bolt-on according to all reports, also covers the following well vs. the stock unit:

- stock is extremely light and helps the car's almost perfect weight balance, is there any noticeable weight difference between stock and ETS (which must be among the lighter options of aftermarket ICs)?

- lag/throttle response is of fundamental concern for me, stock IC might be POS for most people but as long as it does the job it also seems to be great for minimal lag due to its small size. So what about ETS? Is there any negative (or positive) difference in this field that you noticed after you installed the ETS, especially without M button pressed?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0