Thread: Coding Success!
View Single Post
      08-14-2013, 02:47 AM   #130
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Great that there is a 1 series dedicated coding thread. Some answers that I've picked up along the way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Why did you select E89 chassis?
E89 is the family name for cars that have the same electric platform = same hardware and software: E81/E82/E87/E88/E90/E91/E92/E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
I'm fairly sure BMW technicians use a battery charger when they're applying an update to the ECU. Seems like a good idea to me.
The car has to be in ignition because the DSC module is only powered when the car is in the ignition state. If you code the whole car when the DSC is not powered, it results in an error. The whole battery thing I consider a bit of fear mongering. Yes it is stupid to do coding when your battery is very low or faulty, but personally in all my years of driving I've never experienced a faulty or low battery. Yes, if you want to be professional about coding use a charger! My pov: if you have enough charge to start your car, you have enough charge for coding!

- My main beef with coding at the moment is that the 2URAD module causes a write error; my car does not have a MOST bus and most likely the software is therefor unsuccessful trying to communicate with the CAN2MOST bridge. The coding website (whose moderators are quite obnoxious about basic questions) suggest a very expensive interface cable (ICOM). But my local dealer has it and still gets the same error when communicating with the 2URAD module ...

- Coding not yet mentioned here that I found worth while so that when you press 'AUTO' on the air conditioner the cooling mode is not automatically started
KLIMA_MIT_AUTO_0 nicht_aktiv
KLIMA_MIT_AUTO_1 nicht_aktiv
KLIMA_MIT_AUTO_10/15 nicht_aktiv
KLIMA_MIT_AUTO_2 nicht_aktiv

- Looking for parameter to display the blower speed in auto mode (can't find GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO in the IHK trace file)?

- As some parameters change between model/hardware updates/LCI, for others to be able to easily copy any advice in here, my suggest is to mention your build date (Sept11) and SPdaten version (V46_3)
Appreciate 0