09-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #26
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
I did take it to the track for 6 sessions in the last two months. I have to admit that my technique is far from perfect (still learning to enter certain curves at the right speed, and take the right lines). Having said this, I am noticing my four tires getting shredded at the outside edges, with stock OEM door jamb pressure recommendations. I have aslightly larger rubber thatn OEM (225 versus 215 in the front, and 255 versus 245 in the rear). I have noticed that the pressure raises more in the front tires after a session, so front tires are obviously taking more abuse.

Thanks. I will look into this option.
That's your first mistake, those oem pressures on the door jambs are not what you should be running. Tire pressures spike once they get hot, I wouldn't be surprised if you're running 45psi hot. You should play with tire pressures and see what works for you but I typically 30 cold and 37 hot.

Check out the Dinan camber plates, they're on my wish list. Not sure if I'm ever going to track the e82, but if I do that would be my first and only mod (aside from running 245 square).