View Single Post
      09-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #1224
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikMsport View Post
I rigorously adhered to the 1200-mile break-in guidelines (NO cheating!), then hit 1198 miles pulling into my garage on Saturday, September 7. It's been a blast ever since!!! I'm now at 1500. Michelin PSSs and an oil change happen this week. This car has personality!
I never cheated and still don't cheat it seems, as it's hard to even do on LA streets unless I put it in DS or full manual mode I suppose.

I'm curious why you decided to wait until after the break in period though to then put on the michelins? Oh, it's so much better with them on. The car handles and drives the way car was intended to without feeling like you're driving on concrete squares. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikMsport View Post
That must be one hell of a great sound when you start the cold car in that parking structure!!!
Actually, my normal garage is much better as that other one in that picture is just at my local Trader Joe's parking lot, but is nice to drive around in there with my windows down and making it burble. <fights back tear> That's where I heard my very first burble, learning how to do it by taking foot off the gas.
Appreciate 0