09-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #1230
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I'm curious why you decided to wait until after the break in period though to then put on the michelins? Oh, it's so much better with them on. The car handles and drives the way car was intended to without feeling like you're driving on concrete squares. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts afterwards.
It wasn't really part of a plan to wait, I just happened to drive 1200 miles before getting around to ordering the Michelins. I only had the car one week before racking up 1200 miles... the 600-mile trip home from the Performance Center certainly helped! I got home, did more research, then looked for the best price (I ended up with the Tire Rack price). I'm past 1600 miles today. Where are my tires?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
And to be a post whore, anyone see this video before? Or Rik, I forgot to ask, did you get to see/drive the fleet of lemans blue 135is cars at the Performance Center?
Yes!!! I did see and drive one of the Lemans Blue 135is cars at the PC!!! As you know, for much of the driving instruction they put you in a car like the one you will drive home. Here's a photo sitting in the driver's seat (with wife in passenger seat) doing a radio check and last-minute instructions from Andy Van Cleef before getting started, second photo the 135is we drove (just prior to our M5 demo lap). They told us there are 8 delivery slots per day at the PC, but there were only 5 the day we were there. Delivered that day was an X3, X6, X1, 750i, and our 135is.
Attached Images

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0