DSSG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M Sport

Unhappy What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocHermit(2) View Post
I just replaced my battery on a 2012 135i with 17595 on the odometer. Attempted to start the car and had nothing but flashing lights on the dashboard and the wipers would run sometimes. Jump starts were extremely difficult. After finally getting it started I went to the dealership. They told me that opening, closing, accessing... was cause for the battery drainage. Two days previously I washed and waxed the car with no problems. I find that difficult to swallow. In any case got the new battery and a trickle charge to keep it up when not in use. Drive it once a week for 100 miles or so. Oh well - thats life in the fast lane.
There was a safety recall on this vehicle involving the battery terminal in addition to the VANOS. Mine was replaced with a different kind. The old terminal was probably causing your battery to discharge. Check it out with your VIN:

http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects

Also a 100 miles/week is sufficient driving to keep the battery up unless you live at the North Pole. Anyway, you need to complain directly to BMW.
Appreciate 0