09-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #34
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW MY12 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymil View Post
I've owned more cars and raced more cars then you most probably own in your lifetime.

If I sound arrogant good because I'am to people that give bad advice because they annoy the crap out of me.

I don't have to look anything up because I studied this shit 30 years ago and constantly up to date with current technologies.

Your arrogant by assuming that reading the internet makes your right because some moron wrote something that sounds good.
Here we go, the old I've raced/owned more chestnut. You're the centre of the universe too I suppose. Save it.

We're discussing facts, Marty not opinions. You said cars do not target oil temps that low. I corrected you, and even listed some that do. To that you replied I was "delusional". The cars I listed do run those oil temps at idle/cruise, and most hit 110-120*C under typical full load. Obviously the more modified and powerful the higher they'll go without some big cores, ducting and water sprayers to assist. Despite those techniques, some like the R35 GTR will go higher on track when tuned. I'll use the R35 GTR as an example because it's a modern high output engine of the same era as the N54 and making roughly the same power stock as a tuned N54.

You state oil temps of 130*C-140*C are perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymil View Post
Todays oils can handle huge temps and 130 or 140 is nothing for todays synthetics.
Yeah? Ok, well here's a link to the R35 GTR owners manual. I've extracted the bit about oil temps. Have a read, especially the parts in bold.

https://www.nissan-cdn.net/content/d...ner-manual.pdf

Page 26:

Mobil 1 (0W-40)

MAINTENANCE INTERVAL

. When the oil temperature stays below 110*C while driving
Change engine oil and engine oil filter at the same interval as Schedule 1 and
2 in the 2017 NISSAN GT-R Service and Maintenance Guide.

. When the oil temperature reaches between 110*C and 130*C while driving
Change engine oil and engine oil filter every 3,000 miles (5,000 km).

. When the oil temperature exceeds 130*C while driving
Change engine oil and engine oil filter immediately after stopping

So if the normal (ideal) scenario is that the engine oil doesn't exceed 110*C, then what must the oil be at while at idle/cruise? Lower than 110*C? My friends GTR sits at 92*C on idle/cruise for reference. But Marty didn't you say I was delusional?

Further, the Nissan engineers that designed one of the best modern engines don't think one of the best oils on the market can handle exposure to temps over 130*C well enough to allow you to even continue to use the oil once the temp was reached. They also reduce the OCI to 5000km if the oil sees temperatures between 110*C and 130*C.

Hang on, didn't you say those temps were, and I quote, "nothing for today's synthetics". Doesn't seem like that team of Japanese engineers agrees with you, Marty!

You going to accuse those engineers and Nissan for giving bad advice? Of being delusional? I thought you were up to date with today's technologies Marty? You must be right and they must be wrong!? Pfft what a laugh. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
T1M the Tool-man, Judy, you do use an inordinate amount of words telling people what they know or you think they know. Your assumptions, condescension and unbridled arrogance is laughable although bordering on the bizarre. You really can't deal with people disagreeing with your pomp. Move on and play with your toy.
How cute, here'e the one man Marty fan club, posting right after in true fanboi fashion. If you want an example of laughable and bordering on the bizarre, look no further than yourself.

Like I said before fellas, enjoy your high oil temps and delusions about how totally fine and safe they are. Reality is temps like that are not safe on high output engines and we'd all do well to keep them more around the 110-120*C peak level. The guys in this thread want to discuss oil coolers, so that should be what is discussed here moving forward.
Appreciate 1
135i2105.50