View Single Post
      09-09-2017, 03:48 AM   #40
martymil
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: Garage is to big to list.

Same for you run whatever you like but the gtr engine is not the same as bmw so compare apples to apples and no sardines

You call the gtr engine state of the art hahaha, this is when i stoped taking you seriously

You said oil brake down at or after 130c and this is not the case as proven

Just because nissan wants to baby their porcelain like cars but for a fact you will do more damage to a motor with 80 to 90 deg oil temps than you will with 110

I rarher run mine at 110 and change it more often like 5k at most

Actually i change mine at 2.5 to 3k when running e85 and my engine runs like a dream and when tested at blackstone labs the oil was perfect and they recommended to change at 7.5k intervals

And that was running at 120c with stock thermostat and as high as 140 in the peak of summer when i was running 330rwk on stock turbos and straight e85

In conclusion gtr tech is not bmw tech and our engines are built to take high oil temps and if you learned something from the links i posted the ideal temp is 104 to burn off contaminants so why would you want to run below that and cause impurities to mix in with the oil and get pumped around our engines and cause possible damage

Running 110c and changing your oil every 5k is the best compromise even by nissan engineers
Appreciate 0