View Single Post
      10-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #12
Mr. Wilson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM, X5M

I would hold on to it. You aren't making money on it anytime soon but I suspect in the western hemisphere at least we will see a spike in prices starting in 5 or so years. Its not a Ferrari as others have said so you cannot expect a large return on it in the long run but the car will have substantial value down the road. Will it be worth it when equating taxes (state dependent) and maintenance. Don't know. Probably but not by much.
I have been looking at some 60s-70s muscle cars and continuously watch the worth of the nsx. To my amazement cars in the 50-75k miles get a pretty penny. In particular even the nsx at or above 100k still brings in a good deal of money. Granted what is advertised and what something sold for are two very different things yet still the cars do quite well and I suspect this will continue for the next decade plus depending upon where cars are going.
The 1M is a rare (this side of the Atlantic at least) unique car both in performance for today's bmws and in appearance. I think if you feel strongly about this statement it is worth keeping the car even if your heart desires others. If not move on and get ride of the car. Ultimately you are in a win win situation when it comes to selling your 1M be it now or in a decade.
Appreciate 0