View Single Post
      04-27-2005, 10:05 AM   #9
mfstout
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328i Coupe

Follow your heart

Mike: I have a similar dilemma. The people on this board are very smart and very cool, so take it all in. Good thinking. But...in my opinion, as cool as the e90 is in many ways, the e46 is still a classic, plain and simple. If you don't think it looks old, then it doesn't look old. I think the e46 coupe rocks. And do you think the Steve McQueen Mustang in Bullit looks old or classic? What is your heart whispering to you? e90's new, it's interesting, it's getting rave reviews, but so did the e46. It's not old, it's just not THE latest thing. If you dig the coupe, and because you have time on your side, (coupes are still in steady production) I would say drive the e90, smell it, sit in it and listen to your heart.

As far as 325 vs 330, take out a longer loan, get the 330. IMO, if you buyh the smaller engine, as good as it is, that's where you'll wish you had more. The 325 and 330 are different cars. If you keep cars for a long time, find any way you can to get the 330 if possible.

I might still be getting an e46 sedan instead of the new car. Not the popular answer, but it is still a classic and it still moves me. You can't go wrong with any of these cars.

Drive fast.

sparky
Appreciate 0