03-17-2021, 05:54 PM   #14
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
FWIW, my OE 2009 135 HID's do not have that switch.

I swapped my originals for a set of Valeos almost a year ago and still have the pre-LCI originals here in the house. Pulled one out and popped the back cover off. It was easy to identify the mechanism that does the cutoff, and I don't see any way to adjust it beyond what the ecu can control.

After looking at the hardware I'm honestly not sure how it's possible for the cutoff to be controlled by coding. It's a solid bit of metal and only rotates out of the way. The shaft it rides on doesn't seem to have any means of left-right travel, or of changing the step direction that I can see...

Which in no way means I have any idea what I'm talking about....

In the coding I'd done on my car, there was a setting which was something about how far ahead the lights where supposed to shine. I was just staring at a wall but when I changed it they (the shields) would move up ever so slightly. I did see a difference between the closest and furthest settings.

Also keep in mind that when you kick the brights on that shield moves out of the way.

The halogens or non-adaptive lights may differ. And I'd bet the halogens in the 128 have a simple knob inside to change from LHD to RHD.
Appreciate 1
1and11858.00