View Single Post
      02-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #31
pumaknight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Currently Seat Leon Cupra FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by e34m5 View Post
I've always thought it reversed actually. Many years ago MB did a study to determine what color vehicles were the most visible. The study was looking at accident avoidance based on recognition.

They set up people looking down a road. The road had a crest on it so that cars would come up over a rise in the distance. They asked people to signal as soon as they could see the car.

White was the most visible. Darker colors the least visible. Based on how far away the vehicle was when the person signaled. IN other words they could see the white car from further away.

So I would deduce that cops would also have the same issue. I know from my own seat of the pants study that I fall into this.

Don't know where red falls into this, but I guess it's toward the darker color spectrum.

Anyway...just a tidbit I remember from a long time ago. Try it just for fun and let us know your experiences.
And I think that is why most cop cars in the UK are white!! So we can see them...so when all you AW ownes get pulled over, it will just be to compare shdes of white:wink:.

I will be in a ditch somewhere having had to swerve violently to aviod the silly muppet who pulled out infront of my nearly invisble black 1er :biggrin:
Appreciate 0