TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by scassio View Post
TagMan,

What turned you off from Sedona Red? I've seen only the Jet Black in person but thought Sedona looked good in the photos and even ordered one.

scassio
Well, what turned me off was that I saw it in person. I had Sedona Red as my original order and was expecting something very different than what was in front of my eyes. My very first reaction was quite negative and terribly disappointed. I never thought or felt it to be exciting and wonderful looking. I must be honest as I can be, but still respect those that have ordered Sedona Red... it is one of those contraversial colors... you will most likely either love it or hate it. The problem I had was that it was nothing like any pic I had seen, and I have still yet to see ANY pic that truly represents it. Some are closer than others, but depending upon the light, the paint color changes dramatically.

Sedona Red is a very complex color that takes on the appearance of a clay red, with varying levels of orange, pink, and brown undertones. It's just not my cup of tea, so after seeing it, I changed my order to black, before finally changing that also, and ultimately ordering the convertible in Crimson Red... But, I honestly hope that everyone who has ordered the Sedona Red will love it. That's the way it should be.

I have noticed that the different color threads are filled with fans of each color. I hope everyone is thrilled with their individual color choice when they take delivery. For me, the reason I'm going with Crimson Red is because it's an exciting and hot color, and I believe that hot and bright colors make for the sportiest-looking convertibles! If I had wanted a more luxurious look, I would have chosen something like Cashmere Silver for example. But, as I've said in the past, I believe that everyone that orders a Crimson Red 135i is going to thank their lucky stars when they see just how gorgeous it is!!

Anyway, hope that answers your question, and I am am sure you will love your new 135i coupe! It's a fantastic car!

TM