11-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
aedeau
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by m01lim View Post
And they have the audacity to complain about the interior quality of the 1. What the hell. Those other 3 are far inferior to the 1 in this respect.

I have just stepped out of a brand new A4 (the new shape). Now Audi has long been considered a benchmark for interior quality, but I was seriously unimpressed by the quality and finish of the new A4. They have really pulled a blindfold over motoring jurnos who still claim it's top of the class. It's NOT. It didnt have the build and hefty feel of a real german car.

I however have no real complaints about the 1 interior so far, other then the cheaper plastic covering the lower part of the dash. But it blends so seamlessly with the higher quality uppder dash, unless you went knocking around, you wouldnt even notice it. I really like the interior of the 1. It feels great is most respects. Theres a real quailty to its build and finish.
I think the plastic they use for the reading light bit in the middle, just near the rear view mirror is a bit cheap feeling. But the rest seems pretty good :iono:
Appreciate 0