tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase743 View Post
Just looking for some advice from fellow 1ers.

I have a new 128i, with 700 miles on it (less than 1 month old). Anyway, this weekend, I was driving on the highway, and... smack... a pebble hit my windshield and put a small (dime-sized) bulls-eye chip in it. It is on the passenger side, out of the reach of the wipers. But, still annoying.

Now, I am wondering what to do. I have full glass coverage, so the price isn't a factor.

I called Geico, and they offered to repair it for me, and if I was unhappy with the work, they would replace it at no cost. I had the repair done yesterday, and it looks far better, but the damage is still noticeable... especially on a clean windshield.

Anyway, what do you think? I am reluctant to "break the seal" and risk a sub-standard replacement job (even with OEM parts) on a brand new car. Is it worth the risk? Or should I live with the chip, which isn't bad, but still bothersome.

I'm really torn. Just need a sanity check.
It absolutely is not worth the risk!! Leave it alone. It will be fine. As someone else said, you'll probably get another one at some point. Replacing the windshield unnecessarily is not smart.
Appreciate 0