View Single Post
      04-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #38
arrutled
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Olsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135gofast View Post
lol, did you mallet the spring perch with the top-nut in place (but not quite tight?)

i worry about stretching/damaging the rubber fitting between the spring and the spring perch by using the mallet. but apparently i should not worry about it?

i will pay $200 to have that noise gone forever and re-align if necessary!!! i wonder if i could just re-clamp the spring and pound it over without having to take the top nut off. that might be doable in a 30 minutes rather than a few hours or having to take it to a shop.

totally jealous of your noise-free install
BINGO. I gave the tab that rests on the strut clamp a couple good wallops while the spring was compressed (suggest in the grass away from the car wearing full body armor/face shield). I would have just lined them up from the start, but it was impossible with the length of the stock springs. re-align wont be necessary, just mark the location before removal.

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0