12-28-2010, 06:39 AM   #110
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Hard to say dude, but remember that is a 25 rwkw gain OVER the gain from a PROcede. If you went stock to full boltons you might find a different gain. I never tried that combination and unfortunately not many people document their builds with a dyno at multiple steps along the way or on the same dyno.

My advice is go PROcede and methanol kit first before thinking of boltons. They would be the last thing given they're lowest bang for the buck. However the result sounds better and is more responsive to drive.
I agree with you regarding the chip and meth kit being the best bang for buck mods and I'm appreciative that you've documented the entire process. I think a lot of us would like to use meth but it's not recommended for amateurs or people who aren't familiar with it as it is fairly technical. I for one wouldn't know where to start and we have no local support here in Brisbane. If I had the support I would definitely go for it though. Bolt-on mods on the other hand can be installed and forgotten about and are completely safe to us so you really can't go wrong.
Appreciate 0