View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #18
eywflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is DSB 6MT 269/613

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyChop93 View Post
Doesn't sound like a bad deal, so nothing to beat yourself up about! A local dealer offered me about the same below sticker, and from there I could have applied a USAA discount whereas you got the loyalty discount. While money is money...someone ALWAYS seems to get a better deal and at the end of the day a couple hundred dollars or even a grand may not be worth it if the buying experience was poor or you spent an inordinate amount of your time to get the incremental savings.

Please post pictures to the "135is Owners Show Us Your Cars" thread when you get your ride!
I'll definitely post pics to that thread - my vehicle is currently being transported to Bremerhaven so I'm hoping to see it in another 6 weeks or so!

I feel like it was an ok deal although by no means the best I could have done with more advance research and visits to multiple dealers. As you say though, there is some value to convenience as well. I was on a fairly tight time schedule with my work schedule in Key West, so I'm glad I was able to order the exact car I wanted and get at least a decent deal done at the first dealer I visited.