View Single Post
      02-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #29
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorst View Post
And I also have the same cosmetic issue as you Artemis, and I also have a CF rear diffuser and the slight misalignment with the akra tips is evident. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.
Trying to explore a possible explanation for the difference in "gap" between driver's side tailpipes and passenger's side tailpipes.

In another thread I wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The screw/bolt system of both tailpipes at the driver's side is mounted symmetrically on the right hand side of each tailpipe + the screw/bolt system of both tailpipes at the passenger's side is mounted symmetrically on the left hand side of each tailpipe. Otherwise stated: mine are located symmetrically inwards, "looking" towards the middle of the car, not towards the outside. For cosmetic reasons you are not supposed to see this screw/bolt system when looking at the tailpipes from the side of the car (discreet).
Forum fellow Alpine* seconded that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
Agreed, here was our 1M with the bolts both facing to the inside of the car chassis.
Checked the installation manual: apparently, Akra suggests to let screws/bolts of both tailpipes face each other (thus not visible from the side, but also not symmetrically facing the inside of the 1M chassis).

Can you check how the bolts of the Akra tailpipes are mounted on your 1M ? Symmetrically facing the inside of the 1M chassis (like on the 1M of Alpine* and on mine) or facing each other as suggested by Akra ?

Name:  Akrapovic_Installation_01.jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  18.7 KBName:  Akrapovic_Installation_02.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  22.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorst View Post
I also get that sometimes the remote flashes rapidly to "Code White" mode for a second or so and then goes back to Red.
I am curious about the the fact that my remote lights up white or red perfectly, but when I take it out of the cigarette lighter socket, and I push the button, it does activate the valve and the exhaust opens up, but my remote doesn't light up and it's supposed to show a half circle like you said. Anyone else get this problem?
I leave the remote permanently plugged into the 12V cigarette lighter socket (ashtray) as, for me, that's the right spot to keep it and operate it (and to avoid wear and tear + hide from preying eyes). Hence, unfortunately, I cannot comment on its behavior during "unplugged" use. Maybe the battery inside your remote is almost discharged ?

Below are the relevant pages of the Wireless Kit installation manual. As you will note, the lost signal phenomenon is perfectly normal: it flashes to warn you that 'Ground Control' has lost 'Major Tom'. The signal resumes (reconnects) as soon as practically possible (that's also why the remote shifts back to "Code Red" automatically after the lost signal hiccup: 'Ground Control' resumed contact with 'Major Tom' ).

Ah, that interference thing... back in the nineties a friend of mine managed to sometimes set off the car alarm of a car by simply switching on the microwave in her kitchen located next to the driveway where the car was parked. But, hey, also the 1M can set off car alarms, especially in underground car parks where the exhaust rumble echoes, uh, loud and clear.

Name:  Akrapovic_WirelessKit_Page_1.jpg
Views: 2639
Size:  35.5 KBName:  Akrapovic_WirelessKit_Page_2.jpg
Views: 2574
Size:  35.4 KB