02-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
MY1351
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

Laguna Seca

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ctivision View Post
I'm going to Laguna Seca in March with my 135 that I picked up past summer. It's bone stock right now with ~70k on the clock, 225 Hankooks up front and 245 rear. I've done LS 4 days now but in a stock E46 M3 (except for pads) and my old E36 328 (with pads).

What should I know about the 135 to track it, in particular at Laguna? Anything to watch out for (limp mode, oil temps, engine temp, oil consumption, severe understeer, brake fade...)? I'm thinking of getting some track pads along with an oil change, transmission/differential fluid change, and brake fluid flush.

I saw a sticky thread about 135 caliper damage from overheating. Unfortunately, I know LS to be very hard on brakes and I've been in the gravel twice from brake fade down at Turn 2 and at the corkscrew, so it makes me nervous.

Also -- does anyone have any suggestions for setting up a mic with an original GoPro Hero, if it's even possible? I hate the wind noise. Or perhaps I should figure out how to mount my DSLR inside with an external mic wired up somewhere under the glove box?
Three years ago I drove my 135i hard at the LS I burned and melted all my calipers components seals and dust boots. I replaced them with these components (135i Brembo caliper components) from Racingbrake ever since then, I have been driving my car hard and I visited the race track many times and my brake still good no burned rubber or what so ever. Here is their website if you need calipers components in the future. Good luck !http://www.racingbrake.com/category-s/7030.htm
Appreciate 0