10-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Hello Dackelone,
Thanks for your reply. But I must correct a few points:
a) Yes, I agree with you that opening the glove box isn't terribly complicated. I said that in my post... once you know what to do. I just went out and did it again (to take the picture below) and it took me less than 30 sec. It did take me literally 20 mins the first time.
b) There are 2 catches, one on each side. The problem is, while similar in design (you push a plastic tab in until the stop releases, they have completely different feel (at least in my car). The left one comes out easily, while the right one you have to push in A LOT. Obviously, the concern is how far to you push and when will the tab break? If you are a first timer, you won't know that until you've spent 20 mins thinking there must be something else holding it, and are desperate or frustrated enough to say "F it. I'm going to break this tab!"
c) The picture you posted is, obviously, what I see as well. However, it does not show how small that opening is. To show it better, I took this one.

Notice how you can't see $hit when your hand is in the hole. Wait... that didn't come out right.
d) So now you basically have to go by feel and a mental picture of where the fuse is.
e) wait, did I mention that you don't have tactile sense to help your "feel" because you're trying to grab a fuse using that little tool?
So, it's like you take a peek inside a room. Make a mental image of where object X is. You enter the room blind folded, and you can't find your way around the room by touch. You have to grab object X with one of those bionic claws

All my previous BMWs had fuse box in the engine compartment. Yes, my last BMW was over 10 years old...
But at least it had an oil dipstick and a decent fuse box!!
Appreciate 0