View Single Post
      03-08-2013, 03:44 AM   #149
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

There were recently two stockists of U.S bred tuning parts here in the U.K as far as I am aware. One of them, Juiced Up Tuning (the best of them) has just gone out of business so we can no longer buy our AR products, BMS products, ETS products etc. from them which is a massive shame as they were priced competetively when taking into account exhange rates, import duty, VAT.

The other is CA Technologies who, although list the parts don't seem to hold many in stock, price them through the roof and from other reviews I have read offer awful communication and customer service. For reference a set of AR Design N54 DP's from JUT were around £550, the same product from CAT are over £700 so don't expect a good deal on the Active Autowerke mids that they offer! You're getting ripped off here so I'd avoid, you could probably strike better deals direct from the U.S. Still, if you want to take a chance (and I'd always offer a business a chance to redeem themselves) check them out here: http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/home.html

As for DP/cat-back systems...

Maddad is a definite "no" so check out DaddySSCP in the U.S for those. Maybe strike a deal on declared parcel value but that could bite you if they are damaged in transit.

Berk? Well actually we do have one great supplier over here who offers to get them into the country and to your door but doesn't hold stock (naturally as N54 tuning in the U.K is virtually non-existent). He's primarily an MR2 Turbo tuner but is an authorised Berk stockist, visit GTSChris http://www.gtschris.com/store/comersus_index.asp; mention that you saw a thread on BabyBMW regarding import of some systems, he's a really nice guy. I tried to organise a Group Buy on that forum but it fell on its @ss sadly and I opted for N55 mids instead (for the time being).

N55? Obvious choice I guess and best price is from BMMiniParts.co.uk, around £250.

The thing about N54 tuning in the UK is that 1) people are too scared to do this to a relatively expensive car, 2) they're all still hung up over what a remap/bolt-on tuning does and 3) they're too busy arguing with each other over the prior two points to actually buy anything for their cars...the reason I choose this U.S focussed forum over a domestic one. Think of U.K N54/N55 tuning as where the U.S was back in 2008, we're in a dark age so you can understand why no U.K based company other than Forge makes anything for these motor's and suppliers are reluctant to stock anything. This only refers to engine tuning though, luckily the big suspension players like KW, Bilstein, Eibach etc are all readily available via your usual LarkSpeed or wherever.
Appreciate 0