Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Hey..not fair, this is way more cost effective than a three-day course at VMR that costs $3400+ or the 2-3 day M drives here costing 2500€s

And besides...after driving this baby M for 1300 miles, I realize it's limitation is me... I could spend thousands modding the car to be better and faster but I'm still the weak link, so i hope money well spent.

BTW, Where are those club driving schools your talking about? Now that i'm in direct contact with BMW ///M, maybe they'll do a GB instruction. Anyone interested?
In car instruction is by far and away the best way to learn. A typical high performance driving event typically is saturday & sunday and cost somewhere between 400-600 dollars. There is a split between classroom instruction and on track instruction. You drive your car you are grouped into beginner, intermediate, & advanced run groups. First join the BMW Car Club of America. Then create an account at www.motorsportsreg.com and the rest is history. Some of the greatest tracks in America are up for grabs if your willing to travel. Laguna Seca, Mid Ohio, VIR, & Watkins Glenn the list goes on and on. Some of the funnest tracks are the lesser well known ones. VIR is my personal favorite. It is the most demanding technical track I have been on with good elevation changes.

I made the leap of faith and attended my first BMW car club meeting here last month. No driving schools but I am working on discovering more.

Cheers!