View Single Post
      11-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #8
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryE View Post
Just had to Dinan Stage 2 kit installed with the BMW performance suspension. Would have to say that I do not think it is worth the 4700 dollars. Maybe, I should have tracked the car stock and then done the mods and tracked again to really tell. Just seems like not enough bang for the buck. It is quite abit faster but I really do not think the suspension is going to improve my lap times. I also installed Breyton wheels with Bridgstone tires.(the ones Gill recommended, the light wheels and stickiest tires.) Cannot remeber the actual models, I am more of a driver than a tech kind of guy. Going to track it at TWS in Texas this weekend, will let you'll know how it does. Just coming from a 08 Z06 with mods that I lapped at TWS in 1:55, curious to see how the 135 does. My goal is to eventually get it close to the same time.

18 x 7.5 225/40 front
18 x 8.5 255/35 rear
I assume you had the BMW Performance springs installed with the shocks - how is the ride quality. I'm still trying to decide whether to swap the Koni Sports shocks and Eibach springs that I bought for the BMW Performanc setup. I felt the Koni/Eibach set up is too stiff and bottoms too easily on the street.
Appreciate 0