08-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
bueller
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
Dealer damaged my car

I have to start by saying that I love my 1M, it is a fantastic car! What I can't wrap my head around is how a company that has the ability to make such a fantastic car does such a poor job once the car has been manufactured.

I opted for European delivery, which if you have not done that, I highly recommend. As a bonus Porsche has revamped their program to be closer in cost to BMWs offering. 270 on the Autobahn and laps on the Nürburgring were an experience of a lifetime.

Problem is, when BMW shipped my car back, the transportation company they used dripped some kind of corrosive fluid on the hood, there were 3 splotches from three quarters to an inch and a half across.

I wanted to take the car to a shop that I found with the help of members here, but this was discouraged by the dealer. Even though there was no pro active efforts made by the dealer to address the issue, I dropped off the car for them to deal with, they gave me a loaner (323 stripper that they are charging me a $100 for.. whatever) and I figured I would just hope for the best.

Got a call 3 days later, seems that during transport something happened and they have damaged the front bumper cover, so now the entire front of the car will need to be repainted.

I am a reasonable person, all I wanted was my hood repainted and I was willing to understand that poo happens and move on. This second incident has made me less understanding and have little faith in the dealer or BMW and am reluctant to let them take the repair further.

I have contacted my lawyer and instructed the dealer to stop all work.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue / experience? What was the outcome.

I appreciate any input.

B
Appreciate 0